Canoe Tasmania will conduct a Canoe/Kayak Education Weekend, Basic Skills, Sea Kayaking and Flatwater at Turners Beach and Whitewater on the Forth.
The following courses are available now for registration:
Basic Skills, Sea Kayaking and Flatwater Courses at Turners Beach.
- Basic Skills & Safety – Saturday am. Great for those new to kayaking and sit-on-tops (kids and adults)
- Sea Kayaking Skills – Saturday 12.30pm – 4.00pm Turners Beach Boat ramp. This course delivers intermediate skills for sea kayak paddlers – surf launching and landings, paddling skills, rescues. Participants must have their own sea kayak.
- Flatwater Lifeguard/Guide/Instructor Training and AC Assessment (for experienced flat water paddlers who meet the assessment requirements, can be undertaken as training only as well) – Sat/Sun
For definitions of the three Flatwater Awards and experience requirements, please click: Flatwater Award Definitions
Whitewater Courses on the Forth
- Whitewater Skills – Sat &/or Sun
- Whitewater Guide/Instructor Training – for experienced WW paddlers looking towards a Guide/Instructor qualification in the near future – Sat/Sun
- Whitewater Guide/Instructor Assessment for AC Award – for experienced paddlers who have attended the training weekend previously and are now ready to be assessed – Sat/Sun
- Students Whitewater Skills Course – delivered by trainee whitewater instructors working under supervision of AC qualified whitewater instructors and assessors. Note this course only runs if there are enough participants going for an assessed qualification. Times by arrangement.
Registrations are due by October 16, 2017
Enquiries: Email email@example.com