What an excellent opportunity to have your experienced endorsed into a qualification. This allows to to guide in a whole range of situations. We have some of Australia’s best Sea Kayak assessors running this course.
The description below is for Enclosed Sea Instructor. If you are attempting this course at Enclosed Sea Guide level, please visit this page for exact requirements of the Guide level qualification
Who: The holder of this qualification has demonstrated the skills and knowledge to guide and instruct groups of novices on day based activities in Sea Kayaks in Enclosed Sea conditions:
- Inside of estuaries, harbours, embayments or other sheltering reefs or islands
- Maximum of 1.5 nautical miles from shore
- Wind conditions below Fresh Winds(17kn)
- Breaking (whitecapping) waves (sea) up to 0.5m
- No surf
The Enclosed Sea Instructor is for people seeking a professional certification in Enclosed Sea environments. The Paddle Australia Qualification Scheme (PAQS) course is the industry benchmark certification designed to meet the needs of the paddling Guide and Instructor industry for education, recreational and tourism sectors nation wide.
Pre requisites: Participants knowledge and skills should be at the level of Enclosed Sea Guide. Plus to gain the qualification a minimum logbook is required, these requirements can be found in the Assessment Guidelines. Please pay particular attention to the logbook requirements that need to be logged in your Paddlelog
What Craft: This qualification is designed for Sea Kayaks only
Equipment: It is expected that participants will supply their own equipment including craft, life jackets, paddles etc and present as an Instructor with appropriate equipment ( First Aid Kit, Repair kit etc).
- Practical: Completed through the training/assessment day
- Quiz: An online quiz is made available to participants upon registration that needs to be completed prior to the practical program
- Project: An online project is made available to participants upon registration that needs to be completed prior to the practical program
Assessment Guidelines – Enclosed Sea Instructor
Registrations close 15 September