A sea kayak weekend, including instructor, guide and various skills courses will be conducted by Canadian sea kayak instructor, Don Webster, on February 17-19, based in Hobart.
Don Webster has 14 years of sea kayak guiding/instructing in British Columbia, Alaska, Norway, Greenland, Antarctica, and the Middle East. He is a Senior Guide Trainer/Guide Examiner with the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of British Columbia and works as Program Manager for the Wilderness Leadership Progam at Capilano University – an outdoor training program for aspiring guides/instructor.
The weekend will include:
- a presentation of Don’s professional guiding experiences
- teaching strokes
- towing techniques and methods
- risk management for sea kayakers
- teaching and leading in surf environments and in strong currents
- planning travel in areas with significant tide/current
- organisation of sea kayaking in BC
People can attend the full course (which also doubles as a sea kayak guide/instructor course) or attend individual sessions.