Tasmania’s Tom Gibbs – 26th Wildwater Junior Worlds
2005 Junior Wildwater Classic Championships
The practice/seeding race made the real thing less stressful but the stress still showed. With Australia competing against strong well seasoned international competition. Many of these paddlers had raced in 4-5 World Championships and Kevin Depont just came from a 5th placing at a Senior World Cups in the UK. Tom Misson’s shoulder was continuing to cause grief and was heavily strapped to get him through the race.
1) Debont Kevin – BEL – 12:52:14
2) Slepica Karel – CZE – 13:02:70
3) Richard Maxime – BEL – 13:06:70
26) Gibbs Tom – AUS – 14:00:74
30) Bedford Tom – AUS – 14:14:31
31) Misson Tom – AUS – 14:15:60
Given the strength of competion and the lack of International race experience the team performed above expectations. Two top 30 placings was awesome.
|Official Race Website|
|Australian Team Website|