The Enclosed Sea Guide / Instructor Course is for people seeking a professional certification in enclosed sea environments. The Paddle Australia Qualification Scheme (PAQS) course is the industry benchmark certification designed to meet the needs of the paddling Guide and Instructor industry for education, recreational and tourism sectors nationwide.
Your instructors are industry leaders working in the sea guiding industry. They can give industry specific advice and assist in your journey towards making paddling a career.
The focus of this course is on developing technical and safety knowledge specific to
Sea kayaks being used in a marine environment in a group guiding capacity. There will also be considerable emphasis on developing personal kayaking skills to be applied into a group guiding context. Ability to effectively manage challenging marine environments safely. Weather and coastal water conditions will be simulated at times to achieve intended outcomes of course.
For more information on your suitability for the course and the skills you will be assessed against please see the Paddle Australia Assessment Guidelines – Enclosed Sea Instructor
Location: Taroona beach, Kingston Beach, Tinderbox peninsula coastlines
Participant Suitability: Inclusion in this course is dependent upon suitable prior
experience and is at instructor’s discretion.
– have prior experience paddling sea kayak in a coastal environment
– have paddled a sea kayak in moderate wind condition 10-15 knots
– ability to spend 1-2 hours controlling & paddling a sea kayak
– ideally have understanding of basic kayak design and functions
– ideally have basic knowledge or understanding of marine based navigation
– ideally have understanding of marine environments and weather in relation to paddlecraft
– ideally sea kayaked in group environment (as this is a guiding focused course)
Interested paddlers to provide a short summary of their paddling experience and competence to Jane Stephenson at email@example.com
To register on a course please see our Calendar for upcoming courses.
For further enquiries contact Jane Stephenson on firstname.lastname@example.org